12 January 2006

So, this is HNT

Today is HNT, and I have to say I don't have any HNT pics for today. Maybe later. Right now the camera is in the car (along with my cell, good place for both, dontchathink?) and I don't feel like going to get it.

In lieu of HNT pics, I'm posting some of a wonderful sunset I saw on the 7th.





















I this took while randomly pointing the camera out of the car window and driving at the same time. So I had no idea what the camera was pointing at, I just had it aimed in the general direction of the sunset and was hitting the shutter button. I love how this one came out even so. Very ghostly with the blurred branches and the sunset along the bottom edge.



















Same exact thing as the first one. I was looking at it and Kidzilla came in and saw it and said, "Oooooh, how pretty!" I agree.





















I quickly pulled off of the road as soon as there was enough free space to pull far enough off and have the car be safe. I ended up behind the airport across from the airfield from the buildings. That's our wee airport buildings and lights you see.



















Same thing, just zoomed in on the darker part of the sunset.


















Same thing, just towards the edge of the sunset where you can see more colors.




















A far edge with pinks and purples.























I pulled all the way back on the zoom to get as broad a photo as possible (without changing my settings to panoramic, as it was I was already running late to something and my car is sitting on the side of the road running to boot, lol). This is the result.


All of these were resized to 35% of the actual image except the last one which is25%, but still larger than the rest, lol. I love my new camera! (even if I haven't gotten the hang of it yet, lol)

2 comments:

lucidkim said...

pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

Well Happy HNT! and YAY for nekkid sunsets! Nice series!