27 January 2006

My day was TOTALLY made

Short and sweet.
I could babble endlessly (or at least, for a long while) about these two cool teenage girls that are in Kidzilla's play and how they actually seem to not only like me but Seek Me Out as a Cool Adult.
DUDE. That TOTALLY ROCKS.

A cute side note: Two or three rehearsals ago one of them gave me their number and said, "If you never need a babysitter for Kidzilla, call me. She's Awesome, she totally reminds me of me at eight." Which I LOVED 'cause if Kidzilla grows up to be like her when she a teenager...wordscannotexpresshowCOOLthatwouldbe. Anyway, last night Kidzilla sidled up to me and said, "Daddy will be home from his trip tomorrow night, Mommy. You and him should go do something special together." I looked at her, wondering where this was going. "Uh, huh...?" "You know, 'cause then CoolTeenager #1 and CoolTeenager #2 could watch me." She gave a shy smile. I almost fell out of my horribly uncomfy metal folding chair with amusement and cuteness overload. I told her sorry, no, we're going to spend time together as a family. She pouted for second but then was called over to practice one of her fight scenes. CoolTeenager #2 came over and sat down with me and I told her what Kidzilla said. "Awww!" she blushed. "That's so Cute!" I grinned at her. It never hurts to let a teenager know that they're liked. :-D

Anyway, while the CoolTeenagers were hilarious and puppy-like in their enthusiasm (:-D!), what just completely made my day was figuring out why my pictures on my new camera weren't coming out like I expected. I couldn't get a clean shot of action for anything. Sure, sometimes it's cool to have blurry to show the movement, but that's not what I was wanting at all. And for the life of me I couldn't figure why most of my pics came out so bluzzy around the edges. It was DRIVING ME MAD. I knew it had to be the ISO settings (Hubby had messed with them at one point and I figured he didn't change them back), but I just hadn't had time to pull out the book and read through it and figure out how to get to them and fix it. I was sitting across from the guy playing the Professor at the time. We talked about our cameras, and the play, and I teased him about how his accent was finally becoming less Transylvanian and more British. He and I usually talk some at rehearsals, he likes my dry comic asides to things happening in scene and I like not only having someone laugh when I try to be funny but someone that's intelligent and can hold up their end of the conversation. Anyway, he was watching the kids run the scene yet again and I was fiddling with my camera. "Ah, HAH!" I quietly yelled. He almost jumped and looked at me. "I figured it out!" I crowed. I explained to him my frustrations. "Yeah, that would be very annoying," he agreed, chuckling at me. "This has TOTALLY made my whole day," I said, almost dancing in my seat. His grin got bigger and he laughed some more. I looked at him and smiled and cocked my eyebrows at him, mock stern. "It's the the little things that make me happy." And I couldn't help it and grinned 'cause that's completely true. He laughed. "Yeah, it's always the little things," he agreed.

3 comments:

Barb Ess said...

Yeah. Like I'm just waiting for, you know, maybe an update or something. I dunno. Something. :P

Andria said...

Eh.
I rarely get comments here, so the urge to update isn't, you know, strong. Unless it's to fuss at me for not updating (instead of actually commenting on the post ;-P).

Barb Ess said...

You got several comments on HNT, right? You have to build on that momentum -- when people visit you, you keep doing updates daily until momentum is established and you can take a day off or two. When people know that you're good for keeping up with your blog, they are more likely to come back even if you go for a little while w/out updating.