11 January 2006

A Blatant Overuse of Parentheses

Hubby was having a "I am Fat" morning this morning.
So he was crabby and complainy about everything.

He came in the kitchen so I could "fix his shirt" (which is shorthand for "Can you check my gig line? And make sure I haven't tucked in my shirt all uneven?") griping Yet Again about how "fat" he is. Which he isn't. Which isn't to say he's not a little overweight, but he's Not Fat.
I said, "You know how you hate when I complain about the same thing over and over again?" (I mentioned it 'cause he mentioned last night about how he's tired of hearing me make snarky [my word, not his, I don't think he's ever said the word snarky] comments about my hair [he likes the way it is]...I stuck my tongue out at him)
(btw, I have one thing I mention more than once. ONE. Okay, maybe two, but That's It.)
He looked at me wondering where this was going. "Yeah..."
I looked him in the eye and said "WELCOME TO MY WORLD."

No comments: