18 January 2006

A Post! With Pics!

I'm planning on this being a quick update.
We'll see.
On a side note, I wonder how likely Hubby would be to quit playing WoW and go get my camera out of the car? Okay, so it's like a one in a million thing, but I'm feeling lazy, and I'm tired, and my back hurts... *quits complaining*

(I asked, and OMGoodness, he said YES!!!!! *faints*)

So, hopefully by the end of this I'll have a snow pic to post. I only took a couple (and they're two shots of the same thing) because it was dark when it started snowing yesterday (and I don't know the water resistance of my camera). Now I wish I'd taken one of one of the bushes in my front yard (the big one that blocks the view of the road when you try to leave my driveway). Even with a flash it would've been nice to have a shot of it. It was loverly. Anyway, I'll download them and see what I've got.

Let's see, when did I post last? Hmm...last Thursday. Hm. What's happened since then? I've taken literally HUNDREDS of photos. Now I need to wade through them all and delete the crap. There's a task I would love to be able to do on a laptop. Sit on the couch with a cuppa of tea and sort and delete. *wistful sigh*
Anyway...

Pics Taken Last Wednesday, the 11th


You can see Civi peeking at me through the fence. You can see Anna, but her head is down sniffing something. See the dirt? Civi's a pacer. Whenever she's out, after she's, you know, done, she paces up and down that section of fence with the gate. As soon as the grass was all dead, it was all gone.


Barren River. I wanted a shot showing the cool trees on my side and some of the bank on the other side. You can see how much higher my bank is than the other side. I'm in no danger of floods. ;-)
(I have a lot of river shots from that day, but I'll be good and only post one)


Introducing Haley! This is my friend Steph's new baby girl. Is she not wonderful? A total cutie! This is her sleeping while Kidzilla is holding her.


A few minutes later she woke up a little and yawned. Awwwww!
(I'm being good again, I have tons of baby pics!)

Pic Taken Thursday, the 12th


Kidzilla at rehearsal. She's an evil character, I'm sure we'll get to quit smiling during her line before the performances, lol. At least, maybe we could make it an evil smile.

Saturday was nice and uneventful. Sunday was good, extra busier than usual due to Kidzilla now having rehearsals on Sundays for combat. Sis M. Kidzilla and I had lunch with my friend Melissa and her hubby and son. A good time was had by all. I have pics from Sunday's rehearsal, but I'll spare you. ;-)

Monday was Hubby birthday. We slept in until Very Late (I won't say the time, to spare Lew the pain, hehehe). We played a lot of WoW and let Kidzilla do whatever she liked. She loved that, lol. We finally arsed ourselves and got ready to actually leave the house. First up was a walk at Riverwalk Park. It's a park near us that the city has been working on since we've lived here (here being our current address). They've done it in stages and just recently completed the latest section. It was nearing dark but I took my camera with me anyway. I hoped to get some good shots of the lights on the old bridge that's been made into part of the park.


A shot of a bridge from part of the newest section of walkway.


Reflection of a nearby streetlight on the river.


Rivets on the bridge. I wish I'd put something next to them for perspective. They're as big as the palm of my hand!


Kidzilla and Hubby on the bridge.

Okay, I think I've made y'all suffer enough, I'll stop with the park pics. ;-)

After our walk we went to have a bite to eat (spicy fingers from Albany's! YUM!), and then saw Narnia. I LOVE NARNIA! I want to see it again! Anyone want to come with? :-D Hubby and Kidzilla really enjoyed it too. :-D It even got Hubby choked up in parts. *sniffles*

After we came home Hubby opened his gift from Kidzilla. Kidzilla has a thing for buying him Yet Another plush thing, so she picked out a wee stuffed Rottweiler and a pillow that looks like a bar of Butterfinger (one of his favorite candies) for him. Both are Very Soft. As a very tactile person, I keep wanting to sleep with his new pillow, hehehe. He didn't want anything as he has his birthday gift sitting on his desk and has for a couple of weeks, but I think he was pleased she wanted to get him something. The gift he's already gotten himself is a 20 inch flatscreen monitor. NICE. Now I want one, lol. What he doesn't know is that I've hidden a birthday card on his desk (it's a DISASTER, he'll find it...one day), and I'm planning on getting a cake and giving him a card and another gift some time this week when I can go out and get one as a surprise. I'd make one, but he's broken and PREFERS what I call fakey cakes. You know, the ones from the bakery in, say, Kroger's with the (what I call) Crisco icing? Yeah. He prefers That over a yummy homemade cake with buttercream icing. He's BROKEN. I blame his mom. ;-) She can't cook and so that's what he got as a kid so now he thinks that's good. Poor guy, lol. I found something Really Cool at Hobby Lobby the other day I'm willing to bet he'll like. :-) So I'm going to get a cake and give him them gift. :-D A post-birthday surprise.
All in all, he spent the day exactly as he wanted, which was the whole point. :-)

Tuesday was a busy day. My second interview was that morning (which went very well, I think), and then I went to work. Then I came home and took the old washer out of the "laundry closet" and took it outside (in the rain! btw, and By MySelf). I found a shirt down behind the old washer I'd worn once and couldn't find so I'd decided I was mental and hadn't really bought it, lol. It's nice to know I'm not crazy! Then I vacuumed and cleaned it all out (even moved the dryer and cleaned behind it since I could). Not 5 minutes after all that Hubby and Scott showed up and heaved our new one in the back door and put the old one in Scott's truck to go toss it. I opened the box and took out the instructions while I waited on Hubby's return. He came home and we put it all together and finagled it where we wanted it to be. For its maiden run I put in our comforter, the biggest thing I own to wash. I LOVE MY NEW WASHER! I couldn't hear it fill, I couldn't hear it wash, and I Really couldn't hear it spin! *dance of glee* On our old one the leveling feet were messed up (had been as long as we'd owned it), and so whenever it would go through the spin cycle it would vibrate the whole house. LITERALLY. And it was So Noisy! Though I told Hubby with a laugh, "How'm I supposed to know when it's done?" hehehe
We finished this just in time for me to run out the door for my audition. By this time the rain had turned to sleet had turned to snow! Lovely!


Snow on the steeple and roof of Eastwood.

I played my Irish Tin Whistle (I played "Sally Gardens") and sang "Tell Your Story". He liked my playing enough to request right then and there that I learn a song to play! :-D I'll know the results of the singing at the end of the month. I would love to be in the women's ensemble with my friend Melissa. Our voices sound like they were made to sing together, it's so cool. :-) She was there that night too so she and I and Sis. M went out for a late dinner, and afterwards just she and I went and had coffee and talked at Starbucks until 11 (when they kicked us out, lol).

Today was a snow day for Kidzilla. She played in the snow this morning 'til there wasn't anymore to play in. It's in the 40's today so the snow didn't last long at all. I didn't take any other photos of the snow than the shot of the steeple yesterday. It was all melted before I got out of house. Oh, well, here's hoping for more snow! I've done a ton of laundry today...gee, I wonder why? lol We did the "church thing" as Hubby calls it, and now Kidzilla's in bed and it's Really Late now that I've been up typing all this! Time for sleep!

2 comments:

Barb Ess said...

cool :)

nice to enjoy the river w/out the mosquitoes!! :)

Andria said...

I love living across the street from the river! Except in the summer, LOL, when said mosquitoes travel in packs (I KID YOU NOT) and Eat Me Alive.