01 February 2006

Be Proud

I went shopping on Monday.
Yes, this Is an event, because as I go shopping at least once a week, it's never for me. I went shopping for me on Monday. This is News.
Not only did I go shopping, but I bought things that Weren't On Clearance.
This is even bigger news than me going shopping because even when I do go shopping for me, I usually will only buy something for me if it's on sale.
So, I went shopping. I went out in search of new boots (as I've worn mine out, as I do every winter) and new jeans (as I've gone down in size enough that I gave away all my now too big ones because they were just ANNOYING to wear, but that meant I was left with only one pair of jeans. and jeans are All I Wear, so I need more). I found some boots in the first place I looked (HUZZAH!) and they weren't on sale! *gasp* And I bought them anyway! *gasp!* I tried on a pair of jeans (they only had one pair I liked) there too! I bought them! *gasp* And they weren't on sale! *gasp!*
Granted, I was at TJMaxx, so take all this as you will. ;-)
But still!
And, because I was at TJMaxx, I couldn't leave without looking at socks (they have tons of socks with designs on them, and I'm weak about cute socks). And I left with two pairs of socks for me (one pair is angora, oooooooooooooooo, angora socks, s'nice in my new boots), and a pair for Kidzilla. :-D

Though, I have to say, the jeans I bought, while Very Nice, have 1% spandex in them. I've had "stretch" jeans in the past and didn't like a single pair of them. I was hoping the 1% wouldn't drive me crazy...but it is. *sigh* I'll give them more time before I decide. And if I don't like them, hopefully I know someone that wears my size.

And I found something for my mom for Valentine's Day while I was there. And I found something for me, but it was broken (chipped corner) and still wasn't marked down even though it was damaged. And I'm not about to pay $35 for something that's broken. :-P Though, it was clearanced out, I would've, lol, 'cause I could've put it in a frame and hidden said damage. ;-)

No comments: