28 February 2006

I do live

Sorry about the spotty commenting on posts, y'all.

I haven't posted since the 19th. Well, if I don't count that thing I posted that Nobody Did (well, except for Kim, thanks, Kim! *hug*) *hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

*cough*

Lessee.

As far as I can remember (which isn't saying much) last week was a normal week. And that I didn't post anything for HNT last Thursday because I forgot about it until Friday, lol.

Went down to my mom's Friday afternoon and came back Saturday night. Had a good time with Sis B. and her little 'uns and me mum. Sis K. was supposed to be there but was a no-show due to car issues. We went shopping Saturday and I bought an OCC shirt (I now have two! heehee!) and a pair of jeans that I'm sure Hubby doesn't really care for, but I love 'em and bought 'em anyway. Hey, they were 50% off! I had to! lol

Handbells played Sunday in both services. We were much better the second service than the first (and I'm told no one could tell I messed up in the second song, lol). I played both songs with no mistakes for the first time ever in the second service. Yes, I know that's sad, but then I cut myself some slack because my errors always occur at a page turn and since no one shares my folder/stand with me, I have to play and figure out where to turn the page all by my lonesome. It's...trying...sometimes. I love playing handbells though! I'm so happy Anna loves it as much as I do and decided to become the director and revive the choir. :-D

I did talk to the minister of music that afternoon about the piece he wants me to learn to play on my tin whistle. It's not hard, but the tin whistle has NO NATURAL FLATS (and the piece has THREE). I can play them, but they sound, well, God-Awful. *cackles* I crack me up. Anyway, I told him about it and that I need to find an arrangement in a different key and he said he'd take care of it! Yippie! Now only if Anna and I could find a piece to play...hmm...maybe I should mention that she wants to play with me (she's an AMAZING piano player, I'm so honored she wants to play with me!) and he could find a piece that's a duet. A thought!

Monday was just a day. So much better, just some lingering stuffiness that only manifests itself when I sing (OF COURSE), but still feeling tired. Bleah. So I didn't do my Monday Stuff, just cleaned the kitchen and put away the laundry I did Sunday night.

Today was So Nice. First of all I didn't have to go to work, which was nice. I met my friend Melissa at Keri's house. Keri is the wife of the Student Minister at our church. Before today I'd had a grand total of One conversation with her, and it was last summer and it was about shoes, lol. (Well! She has these totally cute white shoes for summer and I've looked All Over BG for some I like with no luck! Of course, she didn't get them here, and I don't think even if I went to where her mom lives they'd still have them. Not even back when I asked. Fiddlesticks.) Melissa had to leave around...I think it was almost noon. Keri and I talked until 2! I discovered she's older than I thought she was (I thought she was younger than me, I was off by 5 years, yay her for looking so young! I should tell her that :-)), and that she and I have a lot more in common than either of us would've ever thought. Not as much as Melissa and I (thank heavens we don't look alike too! lol), but quite a bit. We took turns chattering at each other the whole time. :-) The three of us are going to start getting together every Tuesday (when we can) to talk, have coffee, and share prayer requests and pray with and for each other. Keri mentioned to Melissa a couple of weeks ago at the 4x4 reunion that she would love to something like this. Melissa lit up (I could see it from over where I standing stirring a mound of sugar into my coffee), and pulled me into the conversation. She and I did the same thing for a little while last fall, but in between sickliness and holidays we ended up having to let it go. She and I have mentioned to each other that we would like to start doing it again, we just haven't gotten around to it. We talked for about 5 minutes before agreeing that meeting at Keri's house would be easiest (she has two kids and watches a baby during the day), and that Tuesdays at 10:00 would be the best time. :-) I woke up with a migraine last week and didn't go. A migraine on top my sickliness...I knew I wouldn't be good company, so I called Melissa and told her I wasn't going to be able to make it. We figure the first few weeks will just be getting to know each other. Talking about ourselves, our lives, and where we've come from. This is going to be so great.

Okay, that's all for now, y'all! I really should go to bed!

No comments: