05 February 2006

My Blogger Life

I won't be posting much (like I've been doing a lot of that lately), and commenting even less (like I comment tons now, sorry about that) for the next week or so.
I usually have a lot of time on my hands at night to post and comment when Hubby's out of town (he left today for a week in Dayton), but not this week.
Because of Kidzilla's play, I literally have something going on Every Day this week. Right up until next Sunday night, which is the last performance.
Today we moved into the theater for our first rehearsal there. It went very well for a first run through on the stage. A couple of prop swords were broken, but easily fixed. Not all the props are completely done (the Witch's sleigh was too damp with paint to use yet, for example), but all will be done in time.

The Capitol has no backstage or wings to speak off (not really). The green room and dressing rooms are in the basement down a small flight of stairs, a landing, and a small flight of stairs. This means that the kids have to be very quiet when they're downstairs because you can hear it out on the stage (and thence, the audience) if they're not. Guess who has the charming job of keeping them quiet? Ah, yes. Me. The responsible adult. Oh, hush with the laughter and giggling! CoolTeenager#1's mom almost slid out of her chair giggling at me when I told her that. I get the feeling that some people don't find me to be terribly responsible. :-D Really though, I didn't have a lot to do. CoolTeenager#1 and CoolTeenager#2 took control and played quiet games with the kids like "Wax Museum" to keep them entertained until time for them to go on stage. Maybe I'll bribe them with Starbucks tomorrow to do the same thing so I can go upstairs and take pictures from the wings during tomorrow's rehearsal. ;-)

Anywho, it's late, and I'm tired (I got 5 hours, dunno why I'd be so pooped). Busy week. I have a lot I want to get done, and busy, busy nights.

2 comments:

Mike said...

What is the play? Or did I miss it in the post?

Andria said...

No, I doubt you missed it, I've not been blogging long. I just jumped right into it instead of introducing everyone to my life, lol.
The play is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I'm actually impressed with the adaptation, it's excellent!