03 May 2006

A Loan, and a (possible) House

We were approved for a loan yesterday! We can't afford what we want (yet), but we got approved for what we could. We both know this is just going to be a starter house for us, but I'm very okay with that. I want to get out of the renting game and start building equity. It's so cool to be able to start looking (if a little bit scary).
Though I spent so much time yesterday online and looking at this thick real estate book the lady at the mortgage place gave me I gave myself a headache. :-P There is just So Much out there to look at and investigate! So, last night while we were driving around looking I asked Hubby if he wanted for me to call one of the people I know that sells real estate and he said, "YES." lol
I know several people at church that do, but this morning I decided to use my friend Susie's real estate lady instead (no worries, Brett, she's CB, lol). I'd hate to offend anyone I know personally by using them over someone else, and besides, Susie told me that Lesli is no nonsense and will tell me like it is, and that's exactly what I want. No beating around the bush. So I talked to her this morning and the first thing I asked her, I asked straight up, "Can we afford a house in the area where we want to live?" She said she would look around for me and not even half an hour after I got to work (I talked to her on my way in) she emailed me with a small starter list to look at. And I really like two of them! Woot!
I'm hoping to look at one of them this afternoon and if it doesn't work for me, I'll see about looking at the other. Even though my first choice is in a subdivision (which we didn't really want), it's in a nice neighborhood, not too far out (which, with gas prices being the way they are, is a good thing), and is less than 10 years old. My only worry is that it'll be too small, and I have to say that the lot is teeny, but that might be okay. I'll just have to look at it to know for sure. :-) Wish me luck!

No comments: