28 April 2006

Hm.

Hubby asked me today if in a couple of years (or less, I'm sure) would I want to get a full-time job. I know what he's thinking, he's thinking about how both of us working full-time would help money-wise. And he's right, but that brings up an unpleasant point. If I did, then I would be a full-time bookkeeper-type person, and doing it more than I do now is a brain-melting idea. I want to Love my job, not do it 'cause I have to. I know a lot people have jobs they hate and they Have to, but if I don't, should I make myself? What about college? I never have gone and I guess part of me would still like to. But what would I do? I can't major in what I Want because both of the majors I would choose would need to be my Life, and I have a kid and a Life already, I can't dedicate myself like that to either one. I don't want to settle either. I've never been good at that. I just don't know. I don't want to be a bookkeeper/secretary type. It's not my cuppa, no offense to those it suits.
I wanted to be a vet, and just not a vet assistant.
I wanted to be a music teacher. I couldn't be just an assistant to that one, because the college kids that are trying to be music teachers are those.
I did Not want to be a bookkeeper to a small retail store dealing with mistakes from two years ago and a boss that, while nice, can be rather pestersome.
I guess I'm just feeling discouraged. Too many interests, too little time to give to pursue them.

No comments: