27 March 2006

It's Aliiiiive!

Actually, my computer was fixed the day after it died, Hubby just didn't tell me. :-P
But then, after he did (which was After I was gone a 4 day trip), he took it all apart and then put it back together (this was like a three day project, no, I don't know what he did, but it did involve a soldering iron...), and now it's been sitting here waiting for me the last two days.
But I told myself I would be good and not sit down at it until my desk was all clean. Which lasted as far as seeing a little bit of the surface of my desk and enough room to sit on the edge of my computer chair then I caved. Well, for a moment. This will be my only moment of weakness until it's done.
Really.
Mostly I'm currently weak because the internet at work is down because the phone company has already connected the lines at the new location but the computer isn't there yet so I'm in WITHDRAWALS. I think I clicked the IE button about 10 times today forgetting that nothing would happen when I did. I'm so spoiled! Work is unbearable without the internet! Things actually get done quickly! Oh, the HUMANITY! ;-P
I've sorta been keeping up with my email via webmail but still, I had 25 emails from LJ waiting for me and over 80 in my regular email inbox. Which is just CRAZINESS because I've been going through about every other day and deleting the stuff I already knew I wouldn't want to keep. Granted, I've not gone through my email since last Friday as I've not been able to get a computer since then (busy weekend), but still! Though, on the other hand, I can't even imagine how many I would've had waiting for me if I hadn't been doing the webmail thing... *shudders*
Anyway, my computer's back! It's faster! Yay!
Hopefully I'll join the realm of the frequent posters (or as frequent as I get for me) once again when my desk is all clean. :-)

No comments: